Thursday, October 17, 2013

Music blog!

There used to be times that I thought the type of music you listened to defined you as a person. Now that I have grown up I realize that this is not the case. I believe that you should listen to any type of music that you CONNECT with and put you in the mood you are seeking to be in. Let's be honest all music is structured differently even down to the genres in which it is categorized in. In today's society we are so SOCIALIZED into believing that because we are of a certain ethnicity that we should listen to certain music, which isn't the case. As for me I am opened to listening to all genres of music. As long as I love the beat and the message the artist is trying to convey via the lyrics. I love music because it allows me to escape from reality and drift into a peaceful mindset away from all BULLSHIT. Music is therapy for me and stops me from saying things that can hurt individual’s feelings and or from becoming a MONSTER in others eyes. I call it being honest and not SUGAR COATED anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment