Monday, October 7, 2013

Cherish your LOVED ones while their here

   I know it may sounds cliché to say that you should CHERISH those in your life while they’re here but this statement is true. As humans we live our lives believing that GOD only takes the OLD, but in reality he takes who he feels has served their purpose to the best of their ability. I am a firm believer that we're all here on a mission and once that mission is completed were taken back HOME. We tend to forget that we are just spirits occupying bodies that are only passing thru this place called EARTH. Our souls will LIVE ON FOREVER, but our physical bodies will NOT. DEATH doesn't affect US until it HITS HOME. I say this because living in BOSTON where there are a high number of homicides and accidents when a person was murdered or passes and it wasn't someone I knew I would feel sympathy but be HAPPY that it wasn't a person I was closed to.
Until, I faced about 3 deaths in the midst of a year and half of individuals who were close to me. Starting 7/4/11 when my Best friend's 17year old brother, who shares the same Birthday as me 12/21 was shot and killed. This death put me in a deep depression, where I wasn't eating, barely speaking, crying all the time and just angry. The last images I had of him were tubes in his mouth on the operating table and a white sheet over him; an image that will never leave my mind. This hurt me because I helped with raising him and just making sure he stayed on the right track. When a young person dies it hurts more because you feel as though their lives were cut short. This hurt me so much and continues to hurt me but it’s going on 3 years in 2014 and I know GOD has him and each chance he gets he sends me weird signs that he’s good. As long as his GOOD I'm good and I have to continue living my life.
The next death was my Grandmother who passed away from a heart attack in the bathroom of her home on June 20th 2012. This was a surprise to everyone in my family, because she was healthy and independent and could get around on her own with no assistance. This hurt me but I felt a little better because she was old, and it was a natural cause in a sense. I knew she was going to go one day, but it hurt that it was so soon. Since I could remember my grandmother was an older strong woman whom I thought would live until she was about 100 years old. This made me feel like GOD was punishing me by taking her away, because I loved my Grandmother like she gave me life. I knew that GOD needed her more than her 17 children, countless grandchildren and great grandchildren did. She paved the way and did everything she could do. I guess it was time for her to depart this earth.  
The last death was when my Friend, a guy I considered my brother was murdered and stabbed to death on August 15th, 2012. This put a hold on my heart, because he was a great dude, always made sure everyone smiled and laughed, always down to party with me and have a good time. It hurt me to see someone go at the hands of someone who was not mentally stable and was off their medication. This death made me feel that GOD was punishing me because it was like as soon as I was trying to MOURN one DEATH another was occurring. Until this day I have not fully mourned but I have accepted the fact that GOD has them in a better place and their missions were complete. Just glad I had the chance to have them in my life. Now, I have to love and remember them, but also love and cherish the individuals GOD left physically in my life. You never know when your CLOCK MAY STOP TICKING.

No comments:

Post a Comment