Thursday, October 3, 2013

Holding GRUDGES !



Growing up as a kid I always heard people say the famous quote “Life’s too short to hold GRUDGES”, but I never knew what it meant until now. As I continue to blossom into a young woman I’ve become well aware of a lot of my mistakes, wrong doings and childish behaviors I’ve committed in the past. These were all things that kept me from blossoming into the young woman I was suppose to be years ago. To be honest I could be classified as the QUEEN of HOLDING GRUDGES. This is due to me being so caring, loving and loyal to those I care about. Once I feel that a person jeopardizes the relationship I began to pull away from them, hold my peace, and continue living my life as if they DON’T EXIST. In my eyes I felt like this was the best way to deal with situations, seeing that I have a HOT temper and lethal way with words. Especially when I feel like I’m being taken advantage of. Now that I’m GROWING UP I’m beginning to realize that this isn’t the way to deal with any situations or even better yet people I once considered CLOSE TO ME.
        Even though they were WRONG it made no sense for me to actually stoop down to their level and act the way I did, but at the time it felt so right. But then again two wrongs don’t make anything or either person RIGHT. Speaking about it and actually trying to work it out would be the BEST way to deal with a situation. To be honest when you HOLD GRUDGES you NEVER really relieve yourself of the STRESS from the situation until you let that grudge go. The person who holds the GRUDGE holds all of the STRESS even if they weren’t the one in the wrong.
        In the end, we as ADULTS need to realize that NO ONE is ever going to be meet your standards 100% and no one is PERFECT. We’re HUMANS and were expected to make mistakes the only way to get over it is to keep growing, talk about it and then keep it MOVING. At the end of the day YOU don’t want be the person who holds a GRUDGE against someone you loved or cared about and GOD FORBID something happens to them. YOU WILL FOREVER HOLD THAT GRUDGE ALONG WITH A LOT OF GUILT, SADNESS & DEPRESSION. So be the BIGGER person even if means being considered the WEAKER person.

No comments:

Post a Comment